Sunday, September 12, 2021

Time to Get Your Goth On!

The Classics Club has issued a dare:

During OCTOBER we DARE you to face your fears and get your Goth on!
Simply read a CLASSIC book from your #CClist that you classify as thrilling, a mystery, or Gothic. It could even be a book or author that SCARES you (because of its length, its topic, its reputation etc).

There are 4 titles on my list that I would describe as "thrilling, mystery, or gothic":

  • Seven Gothic Tales by Isak Dinesen 
  • The Deep Blue Goodbye by John D. MacDonald
  • The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
  • My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier
I am currently reading Great Expectations and I don't want to have Dickens and Collins going at the same time, so Moonstone isn't a good option. 
Of the remaining 3 the only one I have currently on my shelves is Seven Gothic Tales so I will try to read that. It's a big book though, so I'm not sure how successful I will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...