Friday, July 1, 2022

Happy Canada Day!

It's time to celebrate he anniversary of Canadian Confederation (July 1, 1867) which means it is also time for the Annual Canadian Reading Challenge to begin!

I completed the 15th challenge back in April by reading 13 Canadian books since last Canada Day:

  1. The Republic of Love by Carol Shields
  2. Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather
  3. The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields
  4. The Madness of Crowds by Louise Penny
  5. Canada by Mike Meyers
  6. A Voice from the Attic by Robertson Davies
  7. Crow Lake by Mary Larson
  8. Belleview Square by Michael Redhill
  9. The Body in Question by Jill Ciment
  10. One Half of Robertson Davies by Roberson Davies
  11. Blizzard of Glass by Sally M. Walker
  12. The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel
  13. Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
I set it as a goal for myself last July to read some new-to-me authors for this challenge and I feel like I succeeded. Louise Penny, Willa Cather, and Robertson Davies are old favorites. Before this year I had read one book by Martel and one by Shields so they were pretty new. The remaining 5 were by authors whose work I had not read before. As I start on the 16th Canadian Reading Challenge I am going to try again to include more new-to-me authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...