Monday, September 5, 2022

Nicholas Nickleby

Nicholas Nickleby (A Pan Classic)Nicholas Nickleby 
This is early novel in Dickens' career and you can see that in the structure of the plot (or rather the lack of structure). It is full of  colorful and entertaining characters and like the other Dickens novels I have read (this is my 5th one) it was a compelling tale that I wanted to keep reading to discover how Nicholas would get out of the various scrapes he got into. 
It is also full of observations about the world:
“Most men unconsciously judge the world from themselves, and it will be very generally found that those who sneer habitually at human nature, and affect to despise it, are among its worst and least pleasant samples.”
This book is on my Classics Club list, it is on my TBR pile challenge list, and I am counting it as my "Wild Card" title for the Back to the Classics Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...