Monday, May 15, 2023

A World of Curiosities

A World of Curiosities (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #18)A World of Curiosities 
by Louise Penny
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the 18th book in this series and I think it may be my least favorite. It had a very thriller-y tone and pace to it, which Penny's books don't usually. I am not a fan of that--I like my mysteries to be slower and more cerebral. This book did include the origin story for Gamache and Jean Guy Beauvoir which was interesting. The story centers on a painting (one of the stories anyway) which is a real painting: the Paston treasure.
Because the book is set in Canada, and Penny is a Canadian, this title counts toward the Canadian Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...