Thursday, August 1, 2024

July Book Report

A favorite reading spot
July 2024

I finished 10 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading: 

“The act of mothering is not limited to the bearing of children.”
― Ariel Lawhon, The Frozen River

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

 Here are the books I finished in July 2024: 
  1. The Glamour of Grammar by Roy Peter Clark (audiobook, 3-stars)
  2. Blood at the Root by Peter Robinson (4-stars)
  3. Rosemary Remembered by Susan Wittig Albert (4-stars)
  4. Dance Dance Dance by Haruki Murakami (4-stars)
  5. The Life List by Kate Christie (audiobook, 4-stars)
  6. Tide and Punishment by Bree Baker (4-stars)
  7. We by Yevgeny Zamyatin (3-stars)
  8. The Frozen River by Ariel Lawhon (5-stars)
  9. Revenge of the Middle Aged Woman by Elizabeth Buchan (4-stars)
  10. James by Percival Everett (4-stars)
The first of July marked the end of another Canadian Reading Challenge that I did not complete. I decided to take a break from that challenge, at least for a while. I plan to continue to keep an eye out for interesting-looking books by Canadians, but fitting 13 of them into my reading year has been a problem for me in recent years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...