Tuesday, May 21, 2024

20 Books of Summer 2024

For the 10th year Cathy at 746 Books is hosting #20BooksOfSummer24 I love this challenge because the rules are so forgiving! Make a list of 20 books, read them between 6/1 and 9/1. Change them if you want to as you go along; read fewer than 20 if you need to; have fun. 

Here is my list, beginning with books already in progress:

Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James [finished in May, not counting]
Comeback by Dick Francis [finished in May, not counting]
  1. Heaven and Earth Grocery Store by James McBride

    On my library book shelf but not yet started:

  2. 100 Things We've Lost to the Internet by Pamela Paul [DNF- June]
    swapping in ______________ instead

  3. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

    Scheduled to come up in my library hold queue this summer:

  4. Misunderstood Vegetables by Becky Selengut
  5. Indiana by George Sand
  6. Dolled Up for Murder by Jane Cleland
  7. Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh
  8. The Borrower by Rebecca Makkai
  9. Rosemary Remembered by Susan Wittig Albert
  10. We by E. I. Zamiatin
  11. All it Takes is a Goal by Jon Acuff  [Done - June]
  12. Pastrami on Rye by Ted Merwin [Done - June]
  13. The Jasmine Moon Murder by Laura Childs [Done- June]

    Books I own but haven't yet read:

  14. Dance, Dance, Dance by Haruki Murakami
  15. The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
  16. Biography: A Very Short Introduction by Hermione Lee
  17. Park Avenue Summer by Renee Rosen
  18. The End of Summer by Rosamund Pilcher

    Swap-ins for the May finishes:
  19. The Glamour of Grammar by Roy Peter Clark
  20. Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus


2 comments:

  1. I have read just a few of these but The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store was just chosen by my book group so I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a a great list to work from. 'Indiana', 'One Hundred Years of Solitude', and 'We' are all on my to-read list, too! (Although I don't think I'll get to them this summer.) I'm particularly interested to hear what you think of 'Misunderstood Vegetables' — I saw it at the bookshop last month and was super tempted to pick it up; alas, budget.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...