Here is what happened with my summer reading list:
- A Farewell to Arms by E. Hemingway
It was my Classics Club spin book and I finished it on time. I gave it one star. I think I was generous.
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
I committed to reading this for the 18th Century English Literature event but I couldn't get through it. It was officially abandoned.
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
Read this for Austen in August with Classics Club.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Another Austen in August book -- I didn't get to this one. I did read some other Austen stuff though.
- A Few Green Leaves by Barabara Pym
I read it, I liked it (3 stars), but didn't have much to say about it so didn't write a review. Same deal with Excellent Women (4 stars).
- Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
Excellent start to a new series from the creator of the Parasol Protectorate.
- Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier
This remains on my to-be-read (TBR) list.
- Cinnamon Toast and the End of the World by Janet E. Cameron
This remains on my TBR list and I'm looking forward to it based on Lisa's review.
- The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club by Dorthy Sayers
I finished this one and am still working on my Sayers re-read project.
- Sacre Bleu by Christopher Moore
This one belongs to my husband, and is still in his to read pile so I am still waiting for my turn.
I did read a bunch of other books over the summer, but they weren't the ones that I thought I would read when I made the list. Planned reading lists are not my thing. My quilting friends tease me for being unable to follow a pattern without totally changing the design/technique/etc. This may be a related issue.