Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cook it up Challenge

Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity has challenged us to use our cookbooks in 2014. I have a large collection of lovely cookbooks which do not get used as much as they should so I am definitely joining in and will post updates early each month for the 1st Saturday link-up.

I decided that the best way for me to do this is to choose a random book each month and focus on reading through it and making as many recipes from it as I can during the month. I put all the cookbooks back on the shelves where they belong and counted them (145 from top right to bottom left) then asked my sister to pick a number. This led me to August's cookbook which is Barefoot in Paris. I do use this book fairly often, but there are a lot of recipes in it I haven't tried, so I look forward to some new French recipes.



2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of cookbooks! Can't wait to see what you cook up from Barefoot in Paris.. sounds like a cookbook I would use quite a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun way to go through your cookbooks! You've got a few years of experiments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...