Saturday, April 6, 2019

Readathon!

My #readathon pile
The Dewey 24-hour Readathon is today (beginning at 8am Eastern) and I am looking forward to a day full of reading.
I will be using this post throughout the day for updates (new stuff at the bottom).

I will also be posting on Instagram today. Generally my Instagram is private, but I opened it up for today.

Hour 1 - Getting to know you Survey

1)What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Manchester, NH

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I'm not sure, they are all appealing (that's why they are in the stack)
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Peppermint Joe Joes
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am reading today snuggled under a quilt I made from clothes that belonged to my Mom. She died almost 2 years ago and would have loved the idea of reading all day.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I have participated in a few readathons and the thing I always need to remember is not to read the whole time. Breaks are important. Sometimes sleeping is necessary.

6-Hour Checkin

I have finished 2 books so far (both ones I had started before), visited a few other readathoner's blogs, and completed the Literary Clue mini-challenge. I haven't had any JoJos yet, but that may be coming up soon. I also made some guesses on the Vague Recollections mini-challenge.

The Half-way Mark

Mid-Event Survey:
1. What are you reading right now? 
Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
2. How many books have you read so far?
Finished 3 (all started previously); started and abandoned one, started another and then set it aside (will go back to it), started another one and am reading it now. So I have read from 6 books so far today.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Not sure. I have a mystery novel in progress and will probably pick that up. 
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Not too many interruptions. Took time out to visit with some friends who called, which was lovely. 

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? No surprises to report. 
Books read from (+ an audiobook)

Wrap-up

I fell asleep around midnight and woke up for a bit more reading during hour 24. I got a lot of reading done: I finished 3 books and made progress on 2 more that I had started before, started one and decided it wasn't for me, started and finished one, and started one that I will continue reading. Overall it was an excellent was to spend a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are reading with this very special quilt. My mom would have loved doing a readathon, too. And I miss my mom, too.

    I'm trying to do more Instagram, but I love my blog most of all, and I always will.

    Enjoy your readathon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...