Thursday, April 11, 2019

Another Collection of Cozies

These are titles that I finished recently which count toward the Cruisin' Through the Cozies Challenge.

 

Gunpowder Green (A Tea Shop Mystery, #2)Gunpowder Green by Laura Childs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This is set in a tea-shop so I am counting it toward the "anything culinary" category. I would have liked a bit more info about the various teas. There was a lot of name dropping, but not a lot of explanation. An entertaining enough mystery though.



The Painted Queen (Amelia Peabody, #20)The Painted Queen
by Elizabeth Peters and Joan Hess
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the last of the Amelia Peabody books, and it was finished by Joan Hess after the death of Elizabeth Peters. It was well done and stayed true to the series, but I felt like Amelia was a gentler version of herself which was less appealing and the supporting characters were less involved than they are in some of the books. The manuscript H excerpts were very good. Like the other EP novel I read for this challenge this could be either for the mystery set outside the US--Egypt in this case--or the historical category. 



Search the Dark (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #3)Search the Dark by Charles Todd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A body found in Dorset brings Instpector Ian Rutledge from London to investigate. It is very much a small town story with everyone knowing everyone and immediately suspecting outsiders. Rutledge, and several other characters, struggle with the scars left on them by World War. This is one of the "cozies of my choice."


Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5)Fudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne Fluke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have read several of the books in this series before and this one was exactly what I expected. Lots of sweets, tons of coffee, and obsessive attention to Moishe, the cat. I am counting this as an "animal related" cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...