Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Canadian Reading

I have 6 months until the end of the current Canadian Reading Challenge and I have 11 books still to read. This is possible, but will require some organizational effort as I will basically need to read 2 Canadian books each month from January to June. Here are 13 possible titles to get me to the finish line on this challenge:

  1. The Madness of Crowds by Louise Penny -- have this in my library pile now
  2. A Voice from the Attic: Essays on the Art of Reading by Robertson Davies --requested through interlibrary loan and should get it before the end of January
  3. Canada by Mike Meyers -- requested this as an audiobook from the library, should get it during January
  4. Lost Classics by Michael Ondadtje -- requested from the library for February
  5. Saving Agnes by Rachel Cusk -- requested from the library for February
  6. The Unquiet Englishman: A Life of Graham Greene by Richard Greene (Canadian author) -- requested from the library for March
  7. The Stone Carvers by Jane Urquhart -- requested from the library for March
  8. Blizzard of Glass: The Halifax Explosion of 1917 by Sally Walker -- requested from the library for April

    I have copies of each of these books by Canadian authors on my unread shelf:

  9. The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields 
  10. Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen
  11. The Colony of Unrequited Dreams by Wayne Johnston
  12. Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs
  13. Biography: Fiction, Fact, and Form by Ira Nadel 
I have quite a few books on my Goodreads "for consideration/Canadian" list, but actually getting hold of them has not proven easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...