Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Top Ten New-to-Me in 2021 Authors


I know, I missed Tuesday. However, I read quite a few new-to-me authors in 2021 whose work I really liked and I wanted to put this list together to help me remember to get back to them. These are not listed in any particular order.

  1. Rumer Godden -- Thanks to Brona's  Rumer Godden Reading Week I discovered this author and read 3 of her books in 2021.
  2. Marie Benedict -- I read The Mystery of Mrs. Christie and have The Personal Librarian in my to-be-read pile from the library.
  3. Robert Barnard -- I discovered this author on someone's blog last year (wish I could remember whose!) and have read 3 of his novels so far. Lucky for me there are a ton of them still to read.
  4. Jacqueline Winspear -- I read the first Maisy Dobbs mystery and plan to keep going with the series.
  5. Matt Haig -- I read The Comfort Book and will get to The Midnight Library one of these days.
  6. Colin Dexter -- I read the first Inspector Morse novel, Last Bus to Woodstock,  and plan to read more of these books. Also want to re-watch the Masterpiece Mystery series. 
  7. Ben Aaronovich -- I really enjoyed Rivers of London and plan to continue reading this series which was a nice mixture of mystery and fantasy genres. 
  8. Rosamunde Pilcher -- My Mom loved this author and I had never read her. Now I have. I should have done it sooner. Winter Solstice was really good. September is on my TBR shelf.
  9. Dick Francis -- I read The Edge in February and then 5 more of his novels during the year. I also got a bunch of them from a library book sale so will be working my way through these fabulous mysteries in the coming years.
  10. Emily Brightwell -- The Inspector and Mrs. Jeffries starts an historical mystery series which was a fun audiobook. 

1 comment:

  1. It's never too late to discover Rumer Godden. :) I've somehow only read a couple of her books, but The Diddakoi and The Doll's House are really lovely, and she has many that attract my attention.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...