Saturday, December 1, 2012

Challenge: Foodies Read 2013

The Foodies Read Challenge 2013 asks you to commit to reading a certain number of "food books" during the year. A "food book" is "a book which is centered around food and/or drinks. That could be a cookbook, a food biography or memoir, a non-fiction book focused around a specific food, wine, chef or restaurant. Also allowed is a fictional story in which food plays a major role." I have decided to sign up at the Pastry Chef level, so I will be reading between 4 and 8 books for this challenge.


I have quite a few unread foodie books on my GoodReads shelves, and several lying around my house waiting to be read. I have tentatively planned to begin with these 3 books, 2 of which I own:
  • An Omelette and a Glass of Wine by Elizabeth David
  • Dearie: The Remarkable Life of Julia Child by Bob Spitz (my Mom read it and recommended it)
  • The Bordeaux Betrayal (#3 in the Wine Country Mysteries series) by Ellen Crosby
This challenge is being hosted by Vicki at I'd Rather Be Reading At The BeachTrish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity (great blog name!) pointed out that Beth Fish Reads hosts Weekend Cooking, which is open to anyone writing food-related posts. Weekend Cooking seems like a great way to add another foodie element to 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for joining! Can't wait to see what books you read for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...