Monday, March 18, 2013

Review: Stirring It Up

Stirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the WorldStirring It Up: How to Make Money and Save the World
by Gary Hirshberg

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found Hirshberg's tale of eco-minded business and the bottom line both entertaining and informative. There was information about the development of Stonyfield Farm (though not as much as in For Better or For Work: A Survival Guide for Entrepreneurs and Their Families), but the best part of this book was the profiles of other companies Hirshberg thinks are doing things right. Honest-T, the guys making worm-poop fertilizer, and New Belgium Brewery were my favorite profiles. I learned a lot about packaging issues, cows, and the importance of mission statements.

This book counts toward two of my current reading challenges: Foodies Read and What's in a Name 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...