Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cheers!

In honor of IPA day, I draw your attention to a book that I featured on Book Notes NH earlier this year. IPA: Brewing Techniques, Recipes and the Evolution of India Pale Ale by Mitch Steele (Boulder, CO: Brewers Publications, 2012) is the perfect book for the day. If reading about beer isn't your thing, perhaps reading a book set, at least partly, in India would be the proper way to celebrate: A Passage to India, The God of Small Things, The Namesake, and My Nine Lives are all excellent. 
If you need a beverage while you are reading I suggest you sample one of these fabulous IPAs: Heady Topper (The Alchemist), Stone Cali-Belgique, White Birch's Hooksett Ale.

8 comments:

  1. Happy IPA Day Mary :) Enjoying a Newburyport right now, but something from Stone is next up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father's favorite, and mine! How could I miss IPA Day??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying new beers. Take me to a beer tasting event and I'm a happy woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sipping an IPA while reading The Namesake sounds pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not much of a beer drinker, but on a warm summer day, with spicy food, you can't beat an IPA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been a beer lover, but my dad enjoyed one once in a while. He would have loved this book!
    Here's My Weekend Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good IPA -- but I missed IPA day and drank the wrong kind of beer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in to try a new beer. But I missed the celebration day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...