Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 - Goals

Yesterday was the Classics Club Readathon, which was a wonderful way to spend a cold New England Saturday. I finished the first book of The Once and Future King and made a good start on a Foodie book. This coming week is Bout of Books, so I hope to keep up the momentum and read a lot.

Time Devoted to Reading


I will try to read on my lunch break during the week and in the evenings. We have plans on Friday night, but otherwise this looks like a good week for reading.

My Goals


  • Finish the 2nd book of The Once and Future King. This will be my lunch-time book at the office.
  • Finish the audiobook I have been listening to in the car (W is for Wasted).
  • I am on a committee that nominates fiction for a book award and our deadline for our shortlist is early February. I have a ton of books on my list to consider for this, but have read very few of them so far. I want to read as many of these books (novels of 'high literary merit' published in English in 2013) as I can during the week. If I start a book from this pile and it doesn't seem like a potential short-list title I will abandon it and move on to the next book. 
  • Check out the challenges each day and complete any that I have both time and inspiration for.
  • Participate in at least one of the twitter chats (it won't be Monday).
  • Post an update each day with my progress for the day before.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your goals and I hope you have a brilliant week of reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...