Tuesday, March 4, 2014

2014 Reading Challenges Progress Report: March

I am working on 5 reading challenges this year, in addition to my goal of reading 101 books overall. So far I am a bit behind on some challenges and on track for others. Since I have most of the year left I think I am doing OK.

For the Postal Reading Challenge 2014 I committed to reading 4 books during 2014. I am part way through the first one, a volume of Letters from Edna St. Vincent Millay. I am enjoying it, but as it is my 'read at lunchtime' book at my office it is going to be a while yet before it is finished.

The What's in a Name 2014 challenge was originally 5 books, of which I had finished one with The Once and Future King. A sixth (optional) category has been added which is A book with a school subject in the title (algebra, physics, spells and potions, cooking, etc.) 

For Foodies Read 2014 I committed to reading 9-13 books, which I am now feeling may have been overly ambitious. I have read 2 so far, both cookbooks. I have several more foodie titles requested from the library so I may get on track with this challenge.

I have finished one book, The Cat's Table, from my list of 12 for the 2014 TBR Pile Challenge and am about half-way through a second book (a collection of short stories).

I am ahead of schedule for finishing 13 Canadian books by Canada Day (July 1, 2014) for the Canadian Book Challenge 7. I have read 11 so far.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are almost finished the Canadian Book Challenge - I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...