Thursday, July 3, 2014

Review: Our Little Secret

Our Little Secret: The True Story of a Teenager Killer and the Silence of a Small New England TownOur Little Secret: The True Story of a Teenager Killer and the Silence of a Small New England Town
by Kevin Flynn and Rebecca Lavoie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is a true story, but it reads like a novel. And a page-turner at that. In the 1980's in Hooksett, NH (the next town over from where I live) Dan Paquette was shot once through the heart by a shooter off in the distance. Who that shooter was and why they did it remained a mystery from NH law enforcement for 20 years. It was not unknown to the residents of another small NH town further north. Flynn and Lavoie follow the story from multiple points of view as it unfolds over decades.
I kept coming across names of people I know in the book, which I found a bit weird, but their is no doubt that NH is a small place and the legal community (all the familiar names were lawyers) is even smaller.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am sorry it got lost in my to-be-read piles for so long.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you finally got to it. I flew through the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...