Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spin #9

The Classics Club is hosting another spin. By April 6 we need to post a list of 20 books remaining to-be-read from our Classics Club List and whichever one appears at the number randomly selected by the club is to be read by May 15.

Here is my list:

  1. The Second Sex, Simone de Beauvoir
  2. In Cold Blood, Truman Capote
  3. Eminent Victorians, Lytton Strachey
  4. The French Lieutenant's Woman, John Fowles
  5. The Scarlet Letter, Nathaniel Hawthorne
  6. Dubliners, James Joyce
  7. Cakes and Ale, W. Somerset Maugham 
  8. The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami
  9. The Catcher in the Rye, J. D. Salinger
  10. A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, Mark Twain
  11. Sense and Sensibility, Jane Austen
  12. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
  13. The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov
  14. Portrait of a Lady, Henry James
  15. A Separate Peace, John Knowles
  16. The House of Mirth, Edith Wharton
  17. The Thin Man, Dashiell Hammett
  18. Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons
  19. Our Man in Havana, Graham Greene
  20. On Green Dolphin Street, Sebastian Faulks

6 comments:

  1. You have listed so many good classics! Many of those I also wish to read! If only there was more reading time available! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as little housework as possible so I have time to read ;)

      Delete
  2. Jane Eyre, French LW & Sense and Sensibility are 3 of my favourites.

    Good luck on Monday I hope the spin is kind to you. If you get the Wharton you might like to consider joining my Wharton Review in May :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check out the Wharton review for May either way. The book is on my CC list so I may join in.

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of this list. I've only read a handful of these books, but it looks like you'll end up with a great read no matter what number is spun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've wanted to read In Cold Blood for a long time. One of these days... Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...