Monday, May 25, 2015

Review: From Doon with Death

From Doon With Death (Inspector Wexford, #1)From Doon With Death by Ruth Rendell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very well structured mystery with more psycological depth to it than most cozies. I didn't figure out the mystery until the very end, but all the clues were there. I'm looking forward to reading more of the Wexford novels.
"In the hated Agatha one finds a lot of normal, law-abiding people living ordinary, blameless lives, who suddenly decide to murder their aunt. Well, I don't believe that." -- Ruth Rendell (p. 217)
This edition has a bit in the back by Daniel Mallory about Rendell and her place in the literary world which was quite interesting, especially the failings she found in Agatha Christie's work. I like Christie's books, but I think Rendell's observation is correct.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...