Sunday, July 19, 2015

Review: Ready Player One

Ready Player OneReady Player One by Ernest Cline
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed this book. I liked the main character, Wade, and was happy to follow along on his adventure into virtual reality and his quest to find the egg. Wade grew as a person through the story, which made the novel more interesting than it would have been with just the adventure story. The characters that are his friends and enemies were interesting as well. The bad guys are really bad and I loved Ache, his best friend. It was quite an adventure: movies, music, video games from my youth all mixed together into an amazing puzzle. I knew it was worthwhile to know all the lines in great movies.

I was a bit hesitant starting this book as some of the Goodreads reviewers I follow complained that it had too much exposition. I guess my 19th century novel reading has made me more tolerant than some because I wasn't bothered by the amount of exposition.

A fun book full of clever ideas about how the future could be that will take genXers on a ride down memory lane.

I am counting this as my sci-fi title for the Read Harder Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...