Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Fall Reading Plan

The year is 2/3 over and it seems like a good time to take stock of what I still have on my to-read list if I am going to successfully complete my 2015 reading challenges. 
For the "Read Harder" challenge at BookRiot I still need to read:
  • A collection of short stories (either by one person or an anthology by many people)
  • A book by or about someone that identifies as LGBTQ
  • A romance novel
  • A collection of poetry
  • A book published before 1850
  • A book written by someone when they were under the age of 25
  • A graphic novel, a graphic memoir or a collection of comics of any kind
  • A National Book Award, Man Booker Prize or Pulitzer Prize winner from the last decade
  • A book that is a retelling of a classic story (fairytale, Shakespearian play, classic novel, etc.)
  • A book by an author from Africa
  • A book published by an indie press
For the
on the Authors A to Z Reading Challenge hosted by Samantha Lin I still need to read books by authors whose names begin with I, J, L, N, U, V, W, and Y.
For the What's in a Name Challenge (hosted at The Worm Hole) I still need to read 3 books:
  • A title with a familial relation in it 
  • A title with a body of water in it
  • A title with a city in it
There are 22 reading challenges left to be completed (that is 5.5 per month for the mathematically inclined), but I should be able to find some books that will do double or triple duty (a book from an indie press with a city in the title by an author whose name begins with W would be great!)
I also have Classics Club (I will finish Mists of Avalon before the end of the year!) and Canadian Book Challenge 9 books to read, but those do not have a December 31, 2015 completion deadline.
I also seem to have developed a large (for me) pile of books I own or have borrowed from friends that are calling out for attention. Many of the books in these piles would meet one of my challenge goals.
After I finish the books I currently have checked out I may take a library break for the rest of the month and focus on reading books piled up around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...