Sunday, July 29, 2018

Six Degrees of Separation

The #6degrees meme is hosted at Books are my Favourite and Best.

This month the chain begins with (#1) Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin. This book has been on my to-read list for quite a while but I haven't gotten to it yet. A book about the romantic trials of one city-dwelling gay man that I did read, and enjoyed, is (#2) Less by Andrew Sean Greer.  He also wrote(#3) The Story of a Marriage, published in 2008, which I was absolutely blown away by.  Another book that I was blown away by, and which is also about a marriage (among other things) is (#4) Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. After Gilead Robinson published (#5) Home which is essentially a retelling of the events in Gilead from a different point of view. Another great book that retells a story from a second character's point of view is (#6) Wicked by Gregory McGuire.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice chain, Mary. I had not read Tales of the City until the Six Degrees meme and I read it shortly before I did my post. I liked it a lot and want to read more of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...