I have participated in this challenge seven times so far and over the years have discovered many Canadian authors whose work was new to me and have found some new favorites. This is a great challenge to encourage Americans to expand our reading across the northern border where there are a lot of fabulous books to be found.
In looking back over the 90 books I have read for this challenge (I was one short one year) there are definitely authors I keep going back to.
Among my 'repeats':
- Margaret Atwood -12 books
- Louise Penny - 7 books
- Kathy Reichs - 7 books
- Alan Bradley - 6 books
- Mordecai Richler - 5 books
- Robertson Davies - 4 books (I had already read most of his books before I started doing this challenge)
- Emily St. John Mandel - 4 books (all I have been able to get hold of so far)
- Peter Robinson - 3 books
- Robert Rotenberg - 2 books
- Esi Edugyan - 2 books
- Michael Ondaatje - 2 books (and a bunch pre-challenge)
This is a great challenge and I would encourage everyone to sign up.
Great job Mary! I'll keep reading even though I didn't quite make it ;)ReplyDelete
Interesting mix of authors, some classic and some more contemporary. I can tell you're a mystery fan like me.I'll be interested to see what authors you tackle this year.ReplyDelete