Monday, November 11, 2019

Lisa's Review: A Newfoundlander in Canada

A Newfoundlander in Canada: Always Going Somewhere, Always Coming Home by Alan Doyle

My Rating: 5 of 5 stars

Back in 2014, I read & reviewed Alan Doyle's first book, Where I Belong, which chronicled Alan's life growing up in Newfoundland right up to the point where he joined Great Big Sea. At that time I stated my hope was that he would write another book continuing the journey with stories of life on the road with the band. So I was thrilled when I heard that Alan had written a second book & it was exactly that.

As with his first book, A Newfoundlander in Canada was completely entertaining. Having been a fan of Great Big Sea & Alan Doyle, seeing them/him many times, his style of writing is such that I could hear him saying every word as I read. His stories of Great Big Sea making their way from Newfoundland to Nova Scotia, and eventually to British Columbia are entertaining and humbling. Never would I have imagined there would be a story that involves Great Big Sea and Barney (the purple dinosaur), but there is!

I'll state it again - I hope Alan Doyle keeps writing!

This is my 3rd book read for the 13th Annual Canadian Reading Challenge.




2 comments:

  1. I liked this book :)

    http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2017/12/book-newfoundlander-in-canada-201-alan.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...