Saturday, May 8, 2021

Some Reading Projects

I have a few reading projects in-progress (or on the horizon) and I decided that a post about them will help me remember what I was planning and might help me get them done as they are now publicly committed to.

  • heavenali is hosting Daphne du Maurier Reading Week May 10-16, 2021. I have one of her books, Hungry Hill, on my to-be-read shelf so I decided this week is as good as any to read it.
  • Classics Club has a spin currently going on for which I am supposed to read Left Hand of Darkness by May 31, 2021. I did not expect this to be a tough assignment, but I have been unable to get hold of a copy of the book. I have an ILL request in which I hope will show up soon. 
  • A couple of friends and I are starting a book group and I need to reread Gilead for our meeting at the end of May.
  • 746books is hosting #20booksofsummer2021 (June 1-Sept 1, 2021) which I am going to participate in. Over the next few weeks I need to create my reading list. I attempted this challenge in 2019 with 10 books and didn't get them all read, but I am going to try again and go for the 20-book list. Reading 20 books in 3 months isn't difficult for me. Reading specific pre-selected ones often is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...