Saturday, July 31, 2021

July Book Report

July 2021
I finished 11 books last month.

A quote from this month's reading:

“My dad had once told me that the secret to a happy life was never to start something with a girl unless you were willing to follow wherever it leads.”
― Ben Aaronovitch, Midnight Riot

Here is my progress toward various goals and challenges:

Here are the books I finished in July 2021: 
  1. Nudge by Richard H. Thayler (audiobook, 2-stars) -- interesting, but way too repetitive
  2. Aunt Dimity's Death by Nancy Atherton (4-stars)
  3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis  (4-stars)
  4. Square Haunting: Five Writers in London Between the Wars by Francesca Ward (5-stars)
  5. Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovich (audiobook, 4-stars)
  6. A Few Quick Ones: Stories by P. G. Wodehouse (3-stars)
  7. Castle Shade by Laurie R. King (3-stars)
  8. The White Mountain by Dan Szczesny (4-stars)
  9. Lineage Most Lethal by S. C. Perkins (3-stars)
  10. Susan, Linda, Nina, & Cokie: The Extraordinary Story of the Founding Mothers of NPR by Lisa Napoli (4-stars)
  11. Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett (4-stars)
I read some very good books this month. I still need to get some of my classics club books onto the top of the pile.

1 comment:

  1. A nice group of books for the month. I keep meaning to update my status with challenges but haven't yet. Maybe after I finish my 20 Books of Summer.

    I read Aunt Dimity's Death not too long ago, and was surprised how much I liked it. I would not mind reading more of them, but I have too many books to read already.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...