Week 3: (November 15-19) – Be/Ask/Become the Expert with Veronica at The Thousand Book Project: Three ways to join in this week! You can either share 3 or more books on a single topic that you have read and can recommend (be the expert), you can put the call out for good nonfiction on a specific topic that you have been dying to read (ask the expert), or you can create your own list of books on a topic that you’d like to read (become the expert).
I can recommend these books on writing--which are also books about how to live a good life.
- Making a Literary Life: Advice for Writers and Other Dreamers by Carolyn See
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
- Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg
I have these titles related to World War I on my TBR list and want to read them as a "flight" one of these days:
- World War I: An Outline History by Hanson W. Baldwin
- The Guns of August by Barbara W. Tuchman
- Fiction of the First World War: A Study by George Parfitt
- The Lost History of 1914: Reconsidering the Year the Great War Began by Jack Beatty
What additional titles do you recommend on either of these topics?