Sunday, June 5, 2022

The Disappearing Spoon


The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the ElementsThe Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements by Sam Kean
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this book, and I learned quite a bit from it. There were definitely parts that I didn't totally understand, but overall the author did a very good job at explaining a lot of chemistry in a way that made sense. There were a lot of stories about the personalities involved in the development of the periodic table and the discovery of various elements and I found those parts the most interesting. 

This title counts toward the Nonfiction Reader Challenge in the 'popular science' category.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...