Sunday, March 12, 2023

A Mystery Medley

No Parm No Foul (Grilled Cheese Mysteries, #2)No Parm No Foul by Linda Reilly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Cheddar Late Than Dead (Grilled Cheese Mysteries, #3)Cheddar Late Than Dead by Linda Reilly
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am now caught up on this cozy series by a NH writer. It's a cute cozy series with a dog and a love interest who isn't in law enforcement (just for something different).

This is my penultimate book in this series which is fun and campy and full of fascinating historical detail about Egypt in the the early 20th century. I read the books out of order--to some extent based on which ones were available on audio from my library--and am now reading the ones I missed. Sadly Peters died in 2013 so there won't be any more Amelia Peabody adventures.
I have one more book to read  (which came out in 2022) in the Josephine Tey series to be caught up. Hopefully there will be more books to come as this is a really good historical mystery series with interesting characters and well-crafted plots. Josephine Tey was a real person; a golden-age mystery writer who based her detective on a real man she knew. This series includes both Josephine and the detective she based her stories on. The worlds of London theater and film come into the stories which are set in the 1930s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...