Monday, April 10, 2023

Remembering Orwell

Remembering OrwellRemembering Orwell 

Last summer I read 99 Glimpses of Princess Margaret which was unlike any biography I had read. This book reminds me of it. This was "conceived and compiled" by Stephen Wadhams of the Canadian Broadcasting Company as a companion to his "Radio Biography of George Orwell" which premiered on 1 January 1984. This book tells the life story of Eric Blair (aka George Orwell) through the reminiscences of a wide range of people who knew him.  I have been a fan of Orwell's books since I was a teenager. After reading Animal Farm and 1984 in school I went on a binge and read all his other books as well. This was a fascinating way to look at the life of both the famous writer and the man. The interviewees ranged from people he played with as a kid; to editors and writers he worked with; to fellow fighters in the Spanish Civil War; to his son. 

I am counting this book toward the Canadian Reading Challenge (because the author is Canadian) and it is one of the alternate titles on my TBR Pile Challenge list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...