Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Blade Runner #1)Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? 
by Philip K. Dick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novel was not what I expected. It was more about the psychology of the character and less of a chase thriller than I thought it would be. I liked this much more than I expected to. Most of the story (which is set in 2021) is told from the point of view of Rick Deckard and the focus is on how he is dealing with (or not) the emotional implications of his world and his actions. The interior lives of other characters are also part of the story. The pace of the writing is fast, but not driving the way thrillers typically are. 

This book is on my Classics Club list and my #20booksofsummer2023 list. It also counts towards the What's in a Name Challenge (punctuation in the title).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...