Thursday, January 9, 2014

Double Date Challenge

Writing My Own Fairy Tale is hosting the Double Date Challenge for Bout of Books 9.0You must pick two books that you would recommend someone read together (like a double date!) and explain your reasons for the recommendation. 
I have 2 double date recommendations:


Drood by Dan Simmons 
and 
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

Drood tells the story (fictionalized) of the relationship between Collins, who is writing The Moonstone, and Charles Dickens.







The Hours by Michael Cunningham
and 
Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

Two great books, one is (among other things) the story of the woman who is writing the other. 








2 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my...Drood sounds positively wonderful. I absolutely ADORE Wilkie (pretty obvious from my blog, I think) and, having just finished The Moonstone, I think it's only right that I read this. Thank you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Housr and Mrs Dalloway are such an excellent recommendation - how did it not occur to me as well ;) I have both these books in my Classics Club list and I'm looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...