- Choose a book. I chose The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins from my to-be-read pile.
- Choose a number between 1 and 10. I chose 9.
- Open your book to a random page and count down your number of lines and over your number of words. Write that word down. Repeat this process until you have 14 words. The 9th word on the 9th line of my randomly chosen pages were Spearman, looked, can't, life, wretched, the, done, might, took, than, missing, on, well, her.
- Delete 2 words (Spearman and than were my deletes) and add 2 words (should, vision)
- Arrange your words into a poem.
The life looked on:
Can't, might, should, missing, done.
Well, her wretched vision took.