Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Loved it!

The Hundred-Year HouseThe Hundred-Year House by Rebecca Makkai
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am going to need to read this book again. It is a complex series of interconnections and transformations and now that I finished it and know how it began I want to read the ending again. Yes, that seems backwards, but it is how this excellent novel is constructed we start with a story set in 1999 and then we go back in 2 distinct jumps to previous periods in the house's history. The story is intriguing, the characters well-drawn, and the structure brilliant.

This is my contribution to the October Books You Loved Link Up
It also counts toward the What's in a Name 7 challenge as a book with a reference to time in the title.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very good. I have seen this around a few blogs.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved October Edition. I am in the list as #16.

    My book entry is below. It was a mystery.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked this one! And well done on What's In A Name :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...