Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Review: Wolf to the Slaughter

Wolf to the Slaughter (Inspector Wexford, #3)Wolf to the Slaughter by Ruth Rendell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There is a very subtle clue toward the end of this novel that one of the policemen misses and I caught. I was very pleased with myself. This is a very well crafted mystery full of red herrings and a wide cast of possible suspects. The setting is 1960s Britain and the contrast of generational attitudes--which wasn't a major factor in the story, just came up here and there--was an interesting element of the setting.
Rendell's writing is really good--she can build dramatic tension really well. The scene in this novel where a body is discovered is brilliantly done. (I'm not going to quote it because it would be a spoiler.)
This title counts toward the What's in a Name Challenge (an animal in the title).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...