Sunday, June 28, 2015

Review: Do Your Om Thing

Do Your Om Thing: Bending Yoga Tradition to Fit Your Modern LifeDo Your Om Thing: Bending Yoga Tradition to Fit Your Modern Life by Rebecca Pacheco
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book did a good job of explaining yoga concepts, like chakras and the eight branches of yoga, in an approachable way that connected them to the real world. It touched on, but didn't really go into, Pacheco's life which was ultimately what kept it from being a 4-star book for me. I felt a bit like I was eavesdropping on someone else's conversation. She referred to stuff--specific friends, romantic disasters--but didn't tell the stories that she touched on. I think this book would have been improved by either going into the autobiographical details or leaving out the references.

I am counting this book as my "ing-word" book for the What's in a Name Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...