Tuesday, December 11, 2018

French Exit

French ExitFrench Exit by Patrick deWitt
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is the third book I have read by Patrick deWitt. I found this one less pleasing than the others. They are all quite odd, but in a way I find compelling. My main problem with this one was that I didn't like any of the characters and couldn't really identify with any of them either. There were some good lines though.
"The mist was burning off as he reached the summit and Malcolm stood beneath the dome of the temple watching Paris achieve visibility." (p. 116) 
"Mme Reynard is my name."
"How do you do?"
"I do better than people give me credit for. How do you do?" (p. 172)
DeWitt was born in British Columbia so I am counting this toward the Canadian Book Challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...