Monday, February 18, 2019

Rising of the Moon

The Rising Of The MoonThe Rising Of The Moon 
by Gladys Mitchell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gladys Mitchell (1901-1983) was the author of numerous books, including 66 novels featuring the detective Mrs. Bradley. 
"I'm a consulting psychiatrist to the Home Office, and when things become a little abnormal they often send me along." (p. 111) 
This is the 18th of the Mrs. Bradley novels. The narrator of this tale is a 13-year-old orphan who, along with his 11-year-old brother, spends his school holiday investigating the murders of young women happening in his town. The novel reminded me, in feeling more than content, of Something Wicked This Way Comes. The tale was well crafted and the boys were appealing heros. 
I plan to seek out more of the Mrs. Bradley novels. 

I am counting this toward the Cruisin' Through the Cozies challenge as one of the 10 cozies of my choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...