Monday, May 27, 2019

Kingdom of the Blind

Kingdom of the Blind (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #14)Kingdom of the Blind
by Louise Penny
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was another excellent installment in the story of Armand Gamache and the Surete du Quebec. Like the others it was well written and presented an interesting puzzle. Something happened at the end that I wasn't very happy about, but that has occurred before and Penny has resolved the issue satisfactorily in the next book, so I will wait and see what happens before I get too upset.
This quote spoke to me (definitely more to do with me than the book):
"Things sometimes fell apart unexpectedly. It was not necessarily a reflection of how much they were valued." (p. 4)
This book counts toward the Canadian Book Challenge (setting and author are Canadian); Cruisin' Through the Cozies Challenge  as a cozy of my choice; and the Mount TBR Challenge since it has been on my shelf since last December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...