Saturday, August 8, 2020

The Testaments

The Testaments (The Handmaid's Tale, #2)The Testaments 
by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This sequel to The Handmaid's Tale was a page-turner. I didn't think it was as beautifully written as some of Atwood's novels, but the story was absolutely compelling. 
There were some good lines though.
"The flame of my life is subsiding, more slowly than some of those around me might like, but faster than they may realize." (p. 31)
"You'd be surprised how quickly the mind goes soggy in the absence of other people. One person alone is not a full person: we exist in relation to others. I was one person: I risked becoming no person." (p. 148)
This book counts toward the Canadian Book Challenge as Atwood is a Canadian author and much of this novel is set in Canada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...