Saturday, February 27, 2021

The Wee Free Men

The Wee Free Men (Discworld, #30; Tiffany Aching, #1)The Wee Free Men 
by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have read several books in the Tiffany Aching series, but had not read this original one before. It was interesting to learn the back story of the relationships Tiff has with various people on the chalk. 
Tiffany is a wonderful, practical girl:
“Yes! I'm me! I am careful and logical and I look up things I don't understand! When I hear people use the wrong words, I get edgy! I am good with cheese. I read books fast! I think! And I always have a piece of string! That's the kind of person I am!”
The Nac Mac Feegle are among my favorite Discworld characters and they were their wonderful rowdy selves in this adventure. I especially loved that the most horrible monster of all--the one that makes their swords glow blue--is lawyers.

This book counts toward the Turtle Recall Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...