Monday, March 1, 2021

Unread Shelf Project 2021

My UnRead Shelves, 3/1/2021
During February I finished sorting all my books and my owned-but-not-read (OBNR) number as of today is 101. I found some books in my shelves that are OBNR and I got rid of several that I no longer have any interest in reading. The repainting of my home office was also completed in February and I have moved all my OBNR books to a single bookcase in there. 

The February UnRead Shelf challenge was to read a book you got for free. I read two books that met this criteria: I finished Ozma of Oz by L. Frank Baum and am about half-way through Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis. I didn't love Ozma, it is very a much a children's book and I found it dull but I have read it and it is now in the box of books to give away. I am enjoying Auntie Mame. 

The March Unread Shelf challenge is to read a book you bought on a trip. I have two of these, both bought on a trip to Quebec in 2018. They are both doorstops of literary fiction which is a category currently being filled in my reading life by Hilary Mantel's Cromwell novels. Besides the monthly challenges there is also a list of Bonus Challenges from The Unread Shelf and I may go with one of those this month. These are the bonus options:

  • A book you bought because of a recommendation 
  • A book given to you that you didn't ask for 
  • A book with more than 500 pages 
  • A book you got for a special occasion 
  • A book from your favorite genre 
  • A book bought because of the hype 
  • A book from a Little Free Library 
  • The unread book most recently acquired 
  • A backlist title by an author with a newer release available


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...