Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Auntie Mame

Auntie MameAuntie Mame by Patrick Dennis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't think I had read this book before, though the paperback has been on a shelf in my house for as long as I can remember (it was my Mom's originally). The story is totally familiar to me from the Rosalind Russell movie. In reading the novel I was struck by how much more vulnerable Mame was than I expected. It is told from the point of view of her nephew, and as contrasted to a woman in a newspaper story who took in an orphan as well. 

This title counts toward the Back to the Classics challenge as a humorous classic and it is on my Classics Club List.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this one. It wasn't what I expected but a fun read. I watched the movie after reading it and thought they did a good job with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...