Thursday, December 30, 2021

The Three Musketeers

The Three MusketeersThe Three Musketeers 
by Alexandre Dumas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“We must never expect discretion in first love: it is accompanied by such excessive joy that unless the joy is allowed to overflow, it will choke you.”

I began reading this back in October as part of the chapter-a-day readalong at One Catholic Life. I should have finished this on the last day of the year, but when I got to within a few chapters of the end I had to keep going to see what was going to happen!

In her introduction (which, as is my habit, I read after finishing the novel) Barbara Cooper explains that this is the story of "D'Artagnan's transformation from an impetuous youth to a thoughtful, resolute adult." His path is far from straight and there are adventures, mistakes, and lessons along the way. I really enjoyed this novel and plan to read more of Dumas' work.

This title is from my Classics Club list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...