Monday, February 7, 2022

The Grand Sophy

The Grand SophyThe Grand Sophy 
by Georgette Heyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This novel was silly and predictable. It was also thoroughly delightful. Sophy is a fabulous character who causes trouble everywhere she goes but truly has the best of intentions. Her relatives are fun and interesting characters and the whole complicated mess of their lives is taken in hand by "the Grand Sophy" and sorted out to a happy conclusion. The process of getting there may terrify them more than a little; but it is great fun for the reader.
I had not read any of Heyer's romances before (some credit her with basically creating the Regency Romance genre). I did read (and enjoyed) Why Shoot a Butler? which is one of her mystery novels. Heyer's work in both genres will definitely be on my reading list in the future. 

This book is from my Classics Club list; it counts toward the Back to the Classics Challenge (as a classic by a woman author); and it is on my TBR Pile Challenge list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...