Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Top Ten Dynamic Duos

I am actually posting this on  Tuesday for a change! Here are my top ten dynamic duos in literature (in no particular order):

  1. Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes from the Laurie R. King series
  2. Harriet Vane and Lord Peter Wimsey, created by Dorthy L. Sayers
  3. Sam and Frodo (Sam is the best friend ever!) from Lord of the Rings
  4. Christopher Fowler's Bryant and May
  5. Eloise and Nanny
  6. Dashiell Hammett's Nick and Nora Charles (really more in the movies than the book) 
  7. Louise Penny's Armand Gamache and Jean Guy Beauvoir
  8. Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series
  9. Deborah Crombie's Jemma James and Duncan Kincaid
  10. Amelia Peabody and her beloved Radcliffe Emerson


4 comments:

  1. I love Gamache and Jean-Guy! They have such a deep, abiding friendship. It's interesting to watch it grow and change over the course of the series.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russell and Holmes were on my list, too! Wish I had thought of Peabody and Emerson. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dent Arthur Dent and Ford were good choices. All of them are I'm sure, but other than Sam and Frodo, I'm not familiar with the rest. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eloise and Nanny are my favorite choice on your list, although all of them are good. Arthur Dent and Ford Prefect are another great pair. Amazingly I have read books featuring all of these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...