Saturday, February 19, 2022

Update on a Century of Books

At the end of 2020 I posted about a plan to read books that would complete my century of books (at least one title published in each year of the 20th century). In September 2021 I had 9 years left to cover.  Since then I have read: 

1904 - Esau and Jacob by Machado de Assis
1906 - Love Among the Chickens by P. G. Wodehouse
1912 - Buttered Side Down by Edna Ferber
1913 - O Pioneers by Willa Cather 

That leaves me with 5 years for which I need to read books to finish out the century:
 
1901 - Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter and The Crisis by Winston Churchill are possibilities, but I am not excited about either of them. Any suggestions?

1902 - The Virginian by Owen Wister is in my TBR pile.

1903 - The Ambassadors by Henry James is an option. I have to be in the right mood to read James though so this one may take a while to get to. It is also 500+ pages which doesn't help.

1909 - 3 Lives by Gertrude Stein is in my TBR pile,

1946 - Delta Wedding by Eudora Welty and Member of the Wedding by Carson McCullers are both possibilities. I have a copy of the McCullers book on my shelf. 

I may be able to complete this project before the end of 2022, but am not going to commit to that at this point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...