Monday, April 25, 2022

Live and Let Chai

Live and Let Chai (Seaside Café Mystery, #1)Live and Let Chai 
by Bree Baker
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I listened to the audiobook of this mystery set on tan island off the Carolina coast. It was very well narrated by Thérèse Plummer. The story centers on Everly Swan who has returned to her hometown after she realized the cowboy she was chasing wasn't worth catching. She has opened a tea shop and everything looks sunny until a grouchy old man is found murdered (by poison tea) in front of her shop.  

This was a fun, frothy cozy with a spunky heroine and I and will read the next book in the series. I'm not sure these characters will hold my interest for more than a few books, but we'll see. I am counting this book toward the Cruisin' Through the Cozies challenge as my "career-based mystery." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...