Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin

The Autobiography of Benjamin FranklinThe Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin 
by Benjamin Franklin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I expected this book to be boring, but it wasn't. Even though it was written more than 200 years ago it didn't seem old. Franklin is funny and self-depricating and his stories of his life, and what he learned as he went along were a delight. 
“But on the whole, though I never arrived at the perfection I had been so ambitious of obtaining, but fell far short of it, yet I was, by the endeavour, a better and happier man than I otherwise should have been had I not attempted it; as those who aim at perfect writing by imitating the engraved copies, their hand is mended by the endevour, and is tolerable while it continues fair and legible”
My Dad recommended this book to me when I was in High School making it my oldest TBR title. I am counting it toward the Back to the Classics challenge in that category. This book is also on my TBR Pile Challenge list. It is also one of my 20 Books of Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...